Mango SS14 Campaign
The Canadian beauty travelled to the Canary Island of Lanzarote for the shoot with Josh Olins.
Watch the making-of film below:
Q&A with Daria
So you are familiar with the women that have previously been the face of MANGO? Kate Moss, Miranda Kerr, Scarlet Johansson,Claudia Schiffer, Milla Jovovich, Naomi Campbell, and Penélope Cruz . How does it feel to be part of this?
I’m flattered and honoured to be included with a group if woman that are so inspirational and beautiful.
What is your relationship with clothes?
Clothes and I have been in a very close and intimate relationship since I was in diapers and they keep me warm this time of year 🙂
Which would be your three essential pieces of clothing you can’t live without?
Leather pants, my leather jackets and my wetsuit
4. What are your must haves for Spring/Summer 2014?
White leather jacket, the purple dress (both Mango)
5. Is there anything you always carry in your bag?
A book and my Leica camera
6 .Is there one piece of clothing/jewellery that is your favourite or has special value to you?
My rings from India, my first free sweater from Prada and my combat boots
7. How would you describe your own style, and how do you feel most comfortable?
I like to mix old and new, it’s a feeling it just had to feel good when you have it on.
8. Was somebody in your family interested in fashion as well?
My mom had effortless style I’m sure she didn’t even know it.
9. Who is your favourite fashion designer?
10. Is this your first time in Spain? How do you feel about the Spanish culture?
I have a very special connection to Spain. I spend a lot of time in Barcelona because my sailboat is docked there from when I sailed across the Atlantic.
11. For your job you are constantly travelling. Which are your favourite destinations for work and for pleasure?
I love to travel, I travel even more when I’m not working!! I love India and South America
12. What are your fashion packing rules when you travel?
Travel light because you always find things to buy while travelling! Bring an extra bag
13. What is your beauty and health routine? How do you keep in shape?
I practice Ashtanga yoga
14. How do you relax after a long day’s work?
I love to have a bath!
15. What is the last book you have read?
“Woman who run with the wolves” by Clarissa Pinkola Estés
16. It is known your good taste about rock music, which are your favourite musicians and bands?
I have too many! Bill Callahan, Gillian Welch, King Krule, Mighty Shamrocks, The Doors, GBV, Psychic Ills, Ali Farka touré, Nina Simone, Sinéad O’Connor
17. Do you usually go to gigs whenever you are available?
Yes I try to, I just saw Mazzy Star
18. Does this kind of music influences in your style?
Yes for sure, I grew up in the 90’s which I think had a big influence on my style.
19. 2014 is around the corner, do you have any new year’s commitment?
I would like to learn time management and paint more.
20. City or countryside?
I need both!!!
21. What is your favourite book?
Unbearable Lightness Of Being by Milan Kundera
22. What is your favourite song?
Impossible to choose!
23. What is your favourite dish?
24. What is your favourite film?
Days in Heaven and Red White Blue
25. What is your favourite place to go out?
The bars in Clonakilty, West Cork Ireland
26. What is your favourite restaurant?
Caravan of Dreams, New York.