Scottish Fashion Awards 2011
The Scottish Fashion Awards took place last night with guests including Dame Shirley Bassey, Samantha Cameron, Lulu, actress Freya Mavor and male model David Gandy in attendance at the Glasgow Science Centre.
Jonathan Saunders walked away with the evening’s most coveted award ‘Scottish Fashion Designer of The Year 2011‘ with other honours being handed to model Tali Lennox, Henry Holland and photographer Rankin.
Samantha Cameron commented: “I’m thrilled to be here in Glasgow at the Scottish Fashion Awards in my role as Ambassador to the British Fashion Council. These awards celebrate the very best in Scottish fashion and remind us that Scotland is home to not only inspirational designers but also a very important textile industry.”
This years panel of judges included Dolly Jones Editor of Vogue.com, Nathalie Colin Creative Director Swarovski, Hilary Alexander Fashion Director of The Daily Telegraph, Paula Reed Style Director Grazia, Sarah Bailey Deputy Editor Harpers Bazaar, Eilidh McAskill Editor InStyle, Richard Walker Editor of Sunday Herald, Professor Wendy Dagworthy and Brian Duffy President of Ralph Lauren Europe.
The full run-down of winners are as follows:
- Scottish Designer of the Year – Jonathan Saunders
- Scottish Young Designer of the Year – Henrietta Ludgate
- Scottish Textile Brand of the Year – Harris Tweed Hebrides
- Scottish Accessory Designer of the Year – Bebaroque
- Scottish Fashion Icon – Freya Mavor
- Scottish Communicator of the Year – Angus Munro
- Scottish Model of the Year – Tali Lennox
- Scottish Retailer of the Year – Rox
- Scotland’s New Face – Caitlin Jamieson
- Scottish Graduate of the Year – Campbell Dunn
- International Designer of the Year (for use of a Scottish fabric) – Henry Holland
- Scottish Fashion Innovator – Professor Pamela Gillies (Glasgow Caledonian University)
- Fashion Ambassador – Hilary Alexander (Fashion Director Daily Telegraph)
- Scottish Hall of Fame 2010 – Rankin